Top

Board Minutes 7/19/17

ROTONDA SANDS CONSERVATION ASSOCIATION
MINUTES OF REGULAR MEETING OF
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
JULY 19, 2017

The duly noticed regular meeting of the Board of Directors for the Rotonda Sands Conservation Association was held on Wednesday, July 19, 2017. The meeting was called to order at 10:30 a.m. by the Chairman and President Mark Clabaugh. Directors present in person were Mark Clabaugh, Kevin Cote, Bill Lomax and Darlene Brooks. Nelson Italiano was excused. Also present were Association Managers Tim Freeman and Brenda Wright along with other owners. A quorum was present so the meeting could continue.

MINUTES
MOTION was made by Darlene Brooks, seconded by Bill Lomax, and unanimously carried to approve the Minutes of the June 21, 2017 Board meeting as presented.

COMMITTEE REPORTS
Deed Restrictions: Brenda Wright reported that Deed Restriction Violations reported that there was a letter mailed to an owner informing them of the Association’s covenants regarding renting of properties. Complaint was received regarding individuals parking vehicles and boats with “For Sale” signs on the vehicles near the community entrances on Gasparilla Road. It was noted that the Board may either call the phone number on the “for sale” sign and inform owner they cannot park in that area or report these violators to the Sheriff’s Department. Complaint was also received regarding boat and trailer parked on a driveway.

RMC and ACC: None to be reviewed at this time.

TREASURER’S REPORT
Tim Freeman highlighted the monthly Financial Report informing the Directors all accounts balance and there are no budget concerns.

OLD BUSINESS
Entrance Signage/Landscaping/Lighting: Bill Lomax reported that the Sign Committee met to review possibility of electrical power to the signs, landscaping and irrigation and turned the topic over to Tim Freeman to elaborate. Tim Freeman reported that he and Bill reviewed the three community signs at Brig North, Harness, and Brig Way and presented the following.
 The Association owns a lot on the corner of Harness and it is anticipated that in the future the sign could be moved from Gasparilla Road to the lot positioning the sign in front of a clump of trees already in place on the lot.
 In the future the sign on Brig Way could be moved up closer to the corner of Brig and Brig Way. For now, Florida Irrigation has been contracted to re-grade, move and replant approximately 14 palm trees, irrigate from hydrant, add Bahia sod, and leaving space for the future sign in that area. The Board concurred there is no need to move the sign at this time and they requested the addition of large rocks to be added to the area between the trees. After discussion, MOTION was made by Kevin Cote, seconded by Bill Lomax, and unanimously carried to use surplus operating funds for this project in an amount not to exceed $6,000 and will be reflected under “signs” line item 6310.
 In reviewing possibility of bringing electricity to light the signs, the Committee reported that it would cost approximately $5,000 for Grove City Electric providing equipment and connecting to electric for each of the current signs. Additionally, approximately $1,800 for FPL to provide electric to Harness and Brig North signs and between $8,000 and $10,000 for FPL for the sign at Brig Way. It was suggested there was no need to light the sign at Brig Way and Mr. Freeman will contact Tom Brooks regarding an estimate for solar panels to light the signs.
 Tim will send an email to the Board when the contractor installs the trees.
 Florida Irrigation provided an estimate of $500 to fill, tramp, and replace grass to repair the damage to the lake bank as previously discussed by the Board. Additionally, the Board will discuss lake bank maintenance and/or erosion issues at a future meeting

NEW BUSINESS There was no New Business to come before the Directors.

OTHER BUSINESS
Payables: Payables were reviewed and checks signed.

Mowing Schedule: Discussion took place regarding vacant lot and right of way mowing schedule in the community. It was noted that due to weather conditions the mowing for the year is slightly off the anticipated mowing schedule. Generally community mows are completed in March, May, July, August, September and just prior to Thanksgiving in November. Thus far this year the community was mowed in April and July.

Public Comments: It was noted that owners should call the Florida Wildlife Commission Nuisance Alligator Hotline 866-FWC-GATOR for any alligator issues.

Next Meeting: The next Board of Directors’ meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 10:30 a.m. in the Association Management Office and will be preceded by the Neighborhood Watch meeting beginning at 10:00 a.m. Additionally, per the Board’s previous recommendation, there will be no Board meeting during the month of August 2017.

ADJOURNMENT
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting adjourned at 11:35 a.m.

Respectfully submitted,
Brenda Wright
Association Management