Board Minutes 10/18/17

OCTOBER 18, 2017

The duly noticed regular meeting of the Board of Directors for the Rotonda Sands Conservation Association was held on Wednesday, October 18, 2017. The meeting was called to order at 10:50 a.m. by the Chairman and President Mark Clabaugh. Directors present in person were Mark Clabaugh, Kevin Cote, Bill Lomax, Darlene Brooks, and Nelson Italiano. Also present were Association Managers Tim Freeman and Brenda Wright along with other owners. A quorum was present so the meeting could continue.

MOTION was made by Bill Lomax, seconded by Nelson Italiano, and unanimously carried to approve the Minutes of the September 20, 2017 Board meeting as presented.

Deed Restrictions: It was reported there were a couple of parking and tall grass violations during the month. An owner asked if the Harness Road median will be edged and Tim Freeman noted he will review the maintenance contract.

RMC: None to be reviewed at this time.

ACC: Owners of 19 Lateen Sail presented an application and plans for new construction. The Directors were informed that the Association consultant had reviewed the application and plans and noted that they met the Association’s criteria/guidelines for new construction. After discussion, MOTION was made by Darlene Brooks, seconded by Bill Lomax, and unanimously carried to approve the plans and application for 19 Lateen Sail contingent upon Owner/Builder to grade, sod, and mow area between property line and water’s edge.

Tim Freeman highlighted the monthly Financial Report that had previously been distributed to the Directors for their review. He noted that all accounts balance and there are no budget concerns.

Entrance Signage/Landscaping/Lighting: Tim Freeman and Bill Lomax are working with a contractor for estimates on relocating the community sign on Brig Way to the new corner lot. Mr. Freeman will also ask the contractor to review the culvert off Eddy Place for repairs. In addition, Tim Freeman will be getting quotes for lighting. Although Charlotte County is reviewing the culverts in the right of way, in future, the Association may consider hiring an engineer to review the culverts and drainage on the Association common property.

Proposed Sale of Lot (Block 20, Lot 31): Tim Freeman reported that with the expiration of the 30 day waiting period he contacted owner of Lot 30 regarding his verbal offer to Association Management to purchase Association owned Lot 31 but has not had a return call from him. Notice will be provided in future newsletter regarding selling Association owned lots giving the owners opportunity to express an interest in purchasing a lot prior to advertising for sale to the general public.

Common Property Around Lakes: Mr. Freeman reported that he had a conversation with the Association attorney regarding the idea of considering the area between the rear property line of an owner’s lot and the lake as “limited” common property that would be set aside for the use and maintained by that property owner. After discussion, recognizing that the Association common property is intended for the use and enjoyment of all owners, the Board may develop Rules & Regulations pertaining to use of lakes in the community. There is an opportunity to educate all owners through welcome letters and annual newsletter to bring to their attention the common courtesy of not fishing behind homes.

NEW BUSINESS None at this time.

Payables: Payables were reviewed and checks signed.

Public Comments:
 A “no fishing sign” was taken down and thrown in bushes and another sign is leaning. Mr. Freeman will have repaired and/or replaced.
 Director noted he contacted Charlotte County to replace the speed limit sign on Brig Circle West.
 There are “for sale” sign posts that are leaning or toppled and some have no signs on them. They will be appropriately addressed or removed.
 Complaint received regarding tall grass at home on Dog Court.
 Complaints were received regarding toppled and leaning trees on owners’ properties. Mr. Freeman will review.

Next Meeting: The next Board of Directors’ meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 10:30 a.m. in the Association Management Office and will be preceded by the Neighborhood Watch meeting beginning at 10:00 a.m.

There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting adjourned at 12 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,
Brenda Wright
Association Management