Top

Board Minutes 11/15/17

ROTONDA SANDS CONSERVATION ASSOCIATION
CORRECTED (1/17/18) MINUTES OF REGULAR MEETING OF
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
NOVEMBER 15, 2017

The duly noticed regular meeting of the Board of Directors for the Rotonda Sands Conservation Association was held on Wednesday, November 15, 2017. The meeting was called to order at 10:30 a.m. by the Chairman and President Mark Clabaugh. Directors present in person were Mark Clabaugh, Kevin Cote, Darlene Brooks, and Nelson Italiano. Bill Lomax was present via phone conference. Also present were Association Managers Tim Freeman and Brenda Wright along with other owners. A quorum was present so the meeting could continue.

MINUTES
MOTION was made by Bill Lomax, seconded by Nelson Italiano, and unanimously carried to approve the Minutes of the October 18, 2017 Board meeting as presented.

COMMITTEE REPORTS
Deed Restrictions: There were some parking and tall grass violations during the month. The tall grass has been mowed and a second letter has been mailed to owner at 15 Garnet for parking violation.

RMC: None to be reviewed at this time.

ACC: Owner submitted several pictures of modern design homes for the Board to review on a concept basis only. Owner was not present and the Board tabled the matter.

TREASURER’S REPORT
Tim Freeman highlighted the monthly Financial Report that had previously been distributed to the Directors for their review. He noted that all accounts balance, there are no budget concerns, and there was plenty of cash to finish out the remainder of the year.

OLD BUSINESS
Entrance Signage/Landscaping/Lighting: Tim Freeman is working with a site development contractor for estimate on relocating the community sign on Brig Way to the new corner lot. The Board previously discussed that it would not be necessary to illuminate the Brig Way sign in the new location as the reflective material on the sign should be sufficient to highlight the letters. Mr. Freeman will speak with Tom Brooks to request quotes for lighting the Harness Road sign once it is moved to the vacant lot owned by the Association.

Proposed Sale of Lot (Block 20, Lot 31): Tim Freeman reported that the closing for the sale of this lot is scheduled for December 1, 2017 for a purchase price or $8,500 with buyer paying title and closing costs.
Culvert Repairs: Mr. Freeman reported that the contractor reviewed the damaged culvert on Association common property near Eddy Place and he is working on the types of materials needed.

Lake Bank Common Areas: Mr. Freeman reported the Association attorney had forwarded an email opinion and confirmed previous discussion by this Board. In addition, he noted it would be difficult enforcing rules and regulations regarding common area land use limitations. The Board noted the majority of fishermen issues were due to trespassers and not owners in the community. They noted it’s an education process, requested owners to continue to be respectful of each other’s property, and encouraged owners to contact the Sheriff’s Department regarding trespassers.

NEW BUSINESS
Schedule Annual Meeting: The Board scheduled the Annual Membership Meeting for Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 10 a.m. The President will invite the Neighborhood Watch Deputy to attend for a brief time to address the owners of the Association.

Review Newsletter: After review of the newsletter, Directors recommended to add under the “Annual Election of Directors” that the Directors serve on a voluntary basis and are not compensated. Additionally, they recommended highlighting some language under the “Lake and Land Maintenance” section. The Board agreed to charge Bush Hog by Fred $100.00 to advertise in the newsletter.

OTHER BUSINESS
Payables: Payables were reviewed and checks signed.

Public Comments:
 A non-owner resident asked if it would be appropriate to place a boat and trailer behind a 6 foot fence on the side of his property noting that the boat would not be seen from above the fence. The Board noted that it would be in violation of the Association Covenants and Fence Guidelines. The fence guidelines may be amended by a majority vote of the Board of Directors.
 Owner questioned the possibility of the Association providing a storage area for use by owners to park vehicles such as RV’s, boats and trailers, and the like. He was informed that the Board had discussed this matter in the past, it would be difficult to designate an area for this type of use, and would be cost prohibitive to operate.
 Owner asked of the possibility of dropping an overall mow of the community in exchange for additional right of way mowing by the landscaping maintenance contractor. He was informed that it would be more costly.

Next Meeting: The next Board of Directors’ meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. in the Association Management Office and will be preceded by the Neighborhood Watch meeting beginning at 9:30 a.m.

ADJOURNMENT
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting adjourned at 11:50 a.m.

Respectfully submitted,
Brenda Wright
Association Management