Top

Board Minutes 6/20/18

ROTONDA SANDS CONSERVATION ASSOCIATION
MINUTES OF REGULAR MEETING OF
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
June 20, 2018

The duly noted regular meeting of the Board of Directors for the Rotonda Sands Conservation Association was held on Wednesday, June 20, 2018. The meeting was called to order at 10:35 a.m. by Chairman Mark Clabaugh. Directors present were Darlene Brooks, Kevin Cote, Mark Clabaugh and Ben Dempsey. Bill Lomax was excused. Also present were Association Manager Tim Freeman, Lisa Labarre, other owners, and DFC Lou Henyecz. A quorum was present so the meeting could continue.

MINUTES

MOTION was made by Darlene Brooks, seconded by Kevin Cote, and unanimously carried to approve the Minutes of the May 16, 2018 Board meeting as presented.

COMMITTEE REPORTS

Deed Restrictions: Trailer and boat in yard, inoperable vehicle, junk in driveway, tall grass.

RMC: Owner at 34 Master Drive submitted alternate house and trim paint color samples after initial color was not approved. After discussion, MOTION was made by Darlene Brooks, seconded by Kevin Cote and unanimously carried to approve new submittal.

ACC: Owners of 5 Sabot Court, Lot 43, Block 2 submitted plans and application for new construction. Association consultant reviewed the plans and application and noted that they meet the Association criteria for new construction. After review of the plans and application, MOTION was made by Darlene Brooks, seconded by Kevin Cote, and unanimously carried to approve the plans and application for new construction contingent upon the following:
1. Owner/builder to grade, sod & mow area between property line and water’s edge.
2. In addition to submitted landscape plan, Builder to add landscaping to both left and right front corners wrapping to left and right elevations.

Owners of 121 Brig Circle West, Block 24, Lots 1&2 submitted plans and application for new construction. Association consultant reviewed the plans and application and noted that they meet the Association criteria for new construction. After review of the plans and application, MOTION was made by Ben Dempsey, seconded by Darlene Brooks, and unanimously carried to approve the plans and application for new construction contingent upon the following:
1. Roof overhang must be 18 inches as submitted on revised application.
2. In addition to original submitted landscape plan, builder to extend landscaping from left front to round corner extending to left elevation. If owner/builder would like to incorporate revised landscape plan submitted 6/19/18, he may do so as long as there is a continuous line of plantings on the front elevation, rounding to left elevation, and on right front corner rounding to right elevation.

TREASURER’S REPORT

Financial reports were reviewed. The checkbook, bank statements and reports reconcile and expenses are where they should be for this time of year. The Association has been integrated into the management company’s new software system, so all financial reporting will be through the new system. Tim Freeman will adjust report format to increase clarity.

OLD BUSINESS

Board Committees: The Board discussed areas of responsibility and the future creation of Board committees. Since Bill Lomax was not present and no action is necessary at this time, the discussion was tabled until next meeting.

Sign Relocation: Tim Freeman has contacted Breakwater Construction; waiting to hear back from them.

Culvert Repair: Tim Freeman reported that two eroding culverts have been repaired; will continue to assess around the lake to identify any problem areas.

“No Trespassing” Signs at Community Entrances: Some owners voiced objections to perceived over-enforcement of the trespassing policy on Association-owned property. Tim Freeman explained the necessity for community signage regarding trespassers in relation to liability and potential legal ramifications.

NEW BUSINESS

Boat & RV Storage: A discussion was held regarding space options for creating boat and RV storage. There was also discussion of personal sight screen utilization for smaller items. A MOTION was made by Darlene Brooks, seconded by Kevin Cote, and unanimously carried for Tim Freeman to research storage options and report back to the Board.

Future Community Center: Possible locations for future community center and related amenities was discussed, but there are no immediate plans for construction at this time.

Payables: There were no payables to be reviewed and signed at this time.

Next Meeting: The next Board of Directors’ meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 10:30 a.m. at the Association Management Office and will be preceded by the Neighborhood Watch meeting beginning at 10 a.m.

ADJOURNMENT

There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting adjourned at 12:05 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Lisa Labarre
Grande Property Services Administrative Assistant